Thursday, July 9, 2009

RETAIL MANIFESTO # 1


I came across this recession mural in the Marais. Which protests the recession French style...tres chic!


When the recession reared its ugly head I wanted to share my thoughts and not having a blog till now I posted my rants in my shop window. I will continue to do this. I like to see people stop and read my thoughts. I enjoy the sense of community as passersby give me the high sign. This is empowerment olde school. People stop and read what I have to say. Others come in and share their thoughts. Some even shop!


The following was in my window for about 5 months:

RETAIL MANIFESTO #1

SUPPORT OUR SHOPS!!!

Okay, we’ve read Guy Trebay in the Times.

We all know every shop in NYC is on deep discount ….

Bergdorf’s and Saks look like Loehmann’s so what can we do??

You MUST support local shops or we all lose.

We may not be here! Then all you will have left is H&M

( which you can have anywhere in the world)

J Crew (ditto), GAP, Old Navy, Banana Republic,

Club Monaco, French Connection (ditto, ditto, ditto ad nauseum).

What would NYC be without independent shops??

Anywhere USA!

Is that what you want?

We live here because we are different, special, unique…dare I say original!

I realize times are tough…..but I’ve got some great items for less than $100.

Great socks ($19) scarves, hats, gloves. You must support us NOW

or we may not be here when times are better and you’re feeling flush.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I just learned about your store while spending the afternoon looking through some of my old magazines. I found an issue of Victoria from the 1990's that featured your beautiful boutique. I am happy to have found you and will be sure too visit when I am in NYC next.

    I am a supporter of local boutiques and do 90% of my shopping at independent stores, such as yours. I feel more loyal now than ever...

    ReplyDelete